me Diary of an 80's Trucker me

see first post in archives for explanation of the title (or just click this)

| Kai | Sunset | Blue Skies | Shades | Pirates | Pirate Getaway |

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Opportunities

It's been hard to blog since the move. I've been extremely busy. Once we get settled down in our routines, I hope to be a more faithful blogger. I have to get up in the morning and travel to Austin for class; it is late, but I'll at least write a quick entry about today. It was an awesome day.

Today, I taught the young married's class. I was extremely pleased with the awesome discussion that took place after the reading of scripture. It went exactly how I hoped and prayed it would go. I hope it was as fruitful for the rest of the class as it was for me. I realized a lot of things preparing for the lesson on a part of Acts. It brought to light for me just how many opportunities I miss to share the grace that was given to me by God. Everyday, hundreds of opportunities that I fail to see or even see and pass over for fear of rejection or just plain fear itself. I have the Gospel, or as John Piper puts it, the cure to the plague that is taking over the world, and I did nothing to deserve it. I just found this cure for this terrible disease that is killing everyone in Dallas, and I give it to myself, my boys, my wife, and my parents and I lock it up in a box and store it away while the city of Dallas is perishing. It's the same with the Gospel, worse even. I've received the Gospel; I've received grace, something I most certainly didn't deserve. I have the only cure for death, and I keep it for myself so often. I pray that God will use me and grant me to spread His Gospel and Word.

After woship, we went to Spring Creek BBQ with Enrique and his family and Matt and his family. Amazing people. I thank God for them and pray that our friendships will continue to strengthen. Fellowship is essential to my spiritual life. Praise God for these two families!

Grace Lavished Upon Me
Eph 1:7-10 "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, (8) which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight (9) making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ (10) as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth."

1 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger jomato said…

    surfer dude. good news about your class. people always show grace to the new guy, so live it up for now, because one day they will realize that you mean what you say. that you actually believe all that stuff. then they will turn on you like easter eggs left in the sun. it stinks...i know. but someone has to warn you about the blind curves. i love you rick. remember: it is all about Christ.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home