me Diary of an 80's Trucker me

see first post in archives for explanation of the title (or just click this)

| Kai | Sunset | Blue Skies | Shades | Pirates | Pirate Getaway |

Monday, July 11, 2005

The Coffee Shop

Coffee Shops are a gift from God! I love them, and I love the coffee that they serve. I also love the conversation that is brought about in this magical place we call, The Coffee Shop.

This evening at 6:30PM, I met with one of the elders of our Church, Joel Worley, at PJ's Coffee House. What an amazing time! We talked for 2&1/2 hours straight with no wierd moments of silence. What I discovered was amazing. The stories that Joel told that I had never in the 6 years in Natchitoches heard before were touching and enlightening. It's a tragedy that I am leaving Natchitoches in 1 month exactly, and I am just discovering what I could learn from this man. He is such a gentle, kind, loving, Godly man. I see the love for God and God's people in his face when he talks. We are meeting again next Monday evening. I thank God for the time we had tonight. I can't wait for our next meeting.

I've had many conversations in PJ's. Jason Hughes and I have probably spent hundreds of hours and hundreds of dollars at this place. A couple of years ago our conversations were full of doubt, searching for ways to disprove the Bible. Now, we are praying and discussing theological issues that I had no idea even existed a couple of years ago. Now we are praising God and striving to glorify Him in our study and coffee conversation. We've gone from finding numbers that don't match up, to counting the infinite number of the ways we can serve Him. Praise God! And thank God for coffee and the houses that serve it.

Maybe one day, a latte won't cost a LOT-te.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "We've gone from finding numbers that don't match up, to counting the infinite number of the ways we can serve Him." This guy's trying to make a brother cry. Great quote, man. I praise God for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home