me Diary of an 80's Trucker me

see first post in archives for explanation of the title (or just click this)

| Kai | Sunset | Blue Skies | Shades | Pirates | Pirate Getaway |

Thursday, January 26, 2006

It's a little ironic that I posted a short post called "Still Alive" and the very next post I am expecting my Grandpa's death. It goes to show you that "Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."" James 4:15.

I traveled to Logansport on Wednesday of last week. I couldn't believe how fast he had gone down. I immediately went to his side and began praying out loud with him. He made a few struggling sounds in an attempt to respond to my praying. I talked to him about the grace of God, how sufficient it was, how we've been lavished in it by our LORD, and how he would soon hear the words similarly heard by the thief on the cross.

Thursday came and went. He was much worse on Thursday than Wednesday. His breathing changed, and the prayers became a plea for the end.

Friday, my Grandma, my Mom, and I continued to take care of my Grandpa. I was supposed to drive back to Dallas and pick up my family, but I had a strong feeling that today was the day. So I stayed. At 3:30 PM Pa was welcomed into Heaven as we held his hand here on earth. He began to breath his last struggled breaths, and my Mom broke down and we prayed for God to take him. He did.

His funeral was Sunday. It was a nice funeral. He's in paradise, yet we mourn selfishly knowing we will not see him in this life again. But we are assured that we will see him again after this life. That's why we celebrate.

Praise God.

Luke 23:43 And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

2 Comments:

  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Rick Harper said…

    Thanks Tyler. I see God working more and more in my mom, and I praise God everyday for it. I believe He has plans to draw her closer and show her who He really is allowing her to love Him and have true joy that is only found in Him. Pray for His work, brother.

    Come see us on a weekend soon. I want to go the museum; we never finished our tour of downtown, haha!

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Fragile Things said…

    It is good to have you guys back, we have been praying and will continue to pray for your family..
    we lov eyou guys so much and tell kelli to call me...
    jess

     

Post a Comment

<< Home