me Diary of an 80's Trucker me

see first post in archives for explanation of the title (or just click this)

| Kai | Sunset | Blue Skies | Shades | Pirates | Pirate Getaway |

Saturday, January 28, 2006

pure motive



i have found it necessary to ask myself a few questions when i seem to be doing well in my Christian journey. why am i winning? why am i defeating the temptations that usually conquer? what am i doing to conquer what are so often the conquerers?

i want my answers to be only one: because i love the LORD, my God, who has saved me.

i should be conquering not out of fear, not to dodge the guilt accompanied by sin, not to avoid the curses brought about by disobedience, but i should conquer because i have been conquered. i conquer because of love.

my victories should be preceded by, accompanied by, and resulting in unceasing prayer and praise and thanksgiving.

help me O God to love and serve you with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Eucharisto said…

    Hey Rick, this is eucharisto, we've had discussions via Sumedh's blog, I enjoyed those discussions so much I thought I'd drop by and see what was going up here.
    Great blog, looking forward to seeing more!
    In Christ,
    Joel

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Rick Harper said…

    Thanks Joel! I enjoyed those discussions as well.

    I usually only post about once a week (if that often). With all of the reading my professors are throwing at me, I barely have time to think! But I keep up with everyone else's blogs. I was surprised and thankful to see Sumedh post Christ's prayer. I don't know his reasons, but I've been praying for God's work ever since we had those discussions.

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Eucharisto said…

    Yeah, I met him last year through another one of his blogs. Actually, and he might have already said something about this, but he was a self-proclaimed Christian at the time. I watched as he slipped away from Christianity, and we had one long discussion about it on his blog. I wonder if when he was a Christian before if he really knew who Christ was, or what it was to have a relationship with Him. I've also been praying for him.

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there sweety! I just wanted to show you some love since no one else does...........he he he! They love ya too ya know they jsut don't find your post worthy to comment........another he he he of coursse they do they are just to deep and convicting for them that they don't know what to comment so they don't comment anything...........one last he he he!

    I wish you didn't have to go tomorrow....I dread Mondays and Tuesdays.

    *SHMILY* soo much!

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger JavaMama said…

    Oops I didn't sign in correctly silly me.............

     

Post a Comment

<< Home