me Diary of an 80's Trucker me

see first post in archives for explanation of the title (or just click this)

| Kai | Sunset | Blue Skies | Shades | Pirates | Pirate Getaway |

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Back From the City of Austin




The roads were traveled once again. I got in tonight around 10:00 I guess. Classes are going extremely well. I'm reading more than I've ever read in my entire life! If you look at my reading list down there on the right, you'll notice that the same books are still there; that's because for school, I'm reading like a book a week. My reading for pleasure time has diminished immensely. In my Reading the Old Testament class, well, I really am reading the Old Testament. Go figure! Christian Worship and Introduction to Theology are great classes as well.

Lord, where do you want me??? What am I to do?
My family and I picked up and moved to Dallas for me to go to seminary. I get asked everyday, "Rick, so what are you going to do when you graduate?" I kind of laugh and answer, "Man, I have no idea."
The Lord brought me here, no doubt. He rearranged my life, my plans, my mind, and provided the way to bring me to my current place in life. But what does He want with me? I'm prideful; I'm terrified of speaking (I'm not eloquent, I'm slow of speech and of tongue!); I'm unorganized; I'm a slow reader; I'm not a comprehensive reader (I have to read every other paragraph over again); I struggle with the same sin over and over; but He still picked me to be here, serving Him, learning His Word, His ways, and His love. I just can't figure out what I have that could possibly be used in ministry. So I'm waiting patiently. Trusting. I know God chose me; or else I'd still be lost in my filthy flesh back in Louisiana. Patiently I'm waiting; so it's OK with me that I don't know what I will be doing in 2 years. The Lord brought me here today, and He'll bring me there tomorrow. And I praise Him for that! I praise God for choosing me! Praise God!

Exo 4:10-12 "But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue." (11) Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? (12) Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak.""

2Ti 1:6-7 "For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, (7) for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

2Ti 2:1-2 "You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, (2) and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also."

3 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger JavaMama said…

    We are created for His glory not our own......it use to bother me a little when people would ask us what we were going to do because they expect this well thought out anwser. But God tells us to give Him our future and from past experience I have learned not to make my own plans because it can and usually will lead to frustration when God tells me that my plans are not his plans. He knows what is best for us and sees past all the curves of our road ahead, I think I will trust Him with my future rather than my own inperfect and selfish plans.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger jomato said…

    do not worry about tomorrow. it will worry about itself. each day has enough hail damage of its own.

    by the way, i hope you are always terrified before the Lord and his people, and that you will always tremble at his word, and that godly fear and reverence will keep you humble.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Rick Harper said…

    yeah, they did a lot of landscaping; you know, created some mountains and what not. It's pretty nice now. they even put an ocean on the other side of that cliff; beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home